IQ: Float Glass
- Emissions Conformance: It’s our commitment towards environment friendly production throughout our facilities.
- Temperature Control: This is managed by our lehr pyrometer system. It controls glass temperatures and the width of the ribbon, which are critical in the annealing process and minimize our cutting losses.
- Annealing process: It provides a uniformed glass temperature. This cooling process helps create the inherent strength of the glass and maximizes the ability to cut the finished product.
- 3 Strain Measurements: These accommodate the strain on the ribbon that affects the cutting of the glass.
- Thickness Profile: Controls the thickness across the ribbon and determines if any portion is out of spec.
- Edges On and Off/ Squareness: It accounts for edge quality and squareness specs.
- Optimization System: The process arbitrates the best cut for the ribbon, which helps maximize production and efficiency in order to keep costs down.
- Defect Detection: Is a laser system inspection of 100% of the glass. It detects defects, ribbon edges, knurl mark and distortion. By reading the “zebra” pattern across the ribbon, there is minimal distortion and stays within spec.