Important Information About This Policy
While we always aim to provide complete and transparent information about how we process your personal information, we reserve the right to amend or update this Policy from time to time or to create additional policies in order to accurately reflect changed circumstances or new legal requirements. As a result, it is important that you read this Policy closely so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your personal information.
To assist us in ensuring that we can provide the most accurate information possible, we ask that you check this Policy for updates. We also ask that where we have an ongoing relationship with you and any of the data you have provided becomes no longer accurate that you keep us informed of this so we can amend our records accordingly. By providing us with personal information or using our Site, you expressly consent to the information-handling practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use our Site or provide us with your information.
Personal Information We May Collect or Receive About You
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, or can be used to contact a particular individual. The types of personal information we receive includes the following categories.
- Contact information – First name, last name, position, physical address of your company, mailing address, email address, billing address, and telephone number. Customer account information – Customer ID, account username, account password, account number, and other information that we may request or that you may provide relating to your or your company account.
- Transaction information – Details about your organization’s transactions with us, including method of payment, payments received, payment details, transaction history, and other information relating to the services purchased by your company.
- Payment information – details of the payment card or financial account you use to pay for our services or for transactions with Cardinal.
- Warranty information – If you are an individual consumer that has received a product manufactured by Cardinal or any of its affiliates, you may be directed to submit your information to us, including via our Site, to register your product for warranty coverage or to submit a warranty claim. In this context, we may collect your contact information, as well as the details of when your product was installed and who your product was purchased from. We may also collect your original product receipt information, images of your product, or other details that are relevant to your submission of a warranty claim.
- Job application information – If you are a job applicant, we may request you provide details in connection with your application, including your contact information, date of birth, demographic information, resume, employment history, education, and references.
- Marketing information – Details regarding informational and promotional materials you may have requested or received from us, the products in which you are interested, your receipt of promotional communications, and information on your marketing or communication preferences.
- Communication information – Copies of communications and inquiries, including reviews, technical or product support issues, and product inquiries, you have submitted to us, including through email, chat, calls, and features available on our Site.
- Device and usage information – Details regarding how and when you use our Site, including the device used to connect to our Site, your IP address and device identifier, the frequency and duration of your usage, the pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our Site, and information about your interaction with our Site.
We collect this information when you access, use, or navigate our Site, fill in forms on our Site, request information on our Site, communicate with us (including by phone, email, or otherwise), interact with chatbot or similar navigation features on our Site, visit or engage with our social media pages, participate in surveys or sponsored activities, or otherwise provide us with personal information.
Please note that we may aggregate or anonymize the foregoing types of data such that they are no longer capable of identifying you, in which case they are no longer considered “personal information.”
Other Information We Collect From You
Like most websites, our Site uses various technologies to automatically collect information about visitors. Those technologies include:
- Analytics: We use “analytics” cookies that allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to our Site and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily. The collected data includes traffic statistics (e.g., number of page views, number of visitors, and time spent on each page).
- Log Files and Device Identifiers. We use log files to track actions occurring on the website and mobile application and collect data about visitors, including IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, and device identifiers.
- Web beacons and other technologies. Our Site may use other tracking tools, including web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs), which are small electronic images embedded in content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership.
The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on Site visits. We may share information about your use of our Site with our advertising and analytics partners, who may combine it with other information that you previously provided to them.
Information from Other Sources
We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliates, business partners, vendors, contractors, suppliers, and other third parties and add it to other information we have collected. We, and the third parties we engage, may combine information we collect from you over time, and across the Site, with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve the information’s overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
Information from Social Media
If you interact with us on any social media platform: (i) depending on your social media privacy settings, the personal information that you submit on the social media platform may be read, collected, or used by us as described in this Policy, and (ii) where we respond to any interaction with you on social media, your account name/handle may be viewable by any and all members or users of our social media accounts. Social media platforms operate independently from us and we are not responsible for the personal information that you choose to submit or link on any social media platform. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings of any social media platform with which you interact to help you understand their privacy practices.
How We Use Your Information
We (or service providers acting on our behalf) may use the personal information identified above for the following purposes:
- Negotiating, entering into, and managing our business relationship and agreements with your company, including providing our services and processing payments from your company.
- Providing and optimizing your experience on our Site and ensuring that we present our content to you in the most effective manner.
- Communicating with you and responding to your inquiries and communicating regarding our products, our agreements with your company, and other issues.
- Sending you promotional or informational communications and solicitations, tracking your marketing preferences, and for our internal marketing purposes.
- Managing customer service issues, including issues relating to the performance of our products and customer feedback.
- Developing, updating, and improving our products, customer service, and customer experience, and otherwise improving our knowledge and insights regarding customers. Fulfilling orders for products, distribution, or installation and assisting our partners and representatives with their sales and installation of our products.
- Preventing and detecting fraud, financial crime, hacking activities, security breaches, and other unlawful activities in connection with the Site or the purchase or use of our products.
- If you are a job applicant, processing your application, scheduling interviews, and considering you for employment.
- Processing warranty claims and servicing warranty issues. Enforcing our agreements with customers, complying with our legal or regulatory obligations, and defending or advancing legal claims.
- Notifying you about changes to our Site, services, or material changes to this Policy.
- Providing you with surveys or otherwise soliciting feedback from you.
- Performing other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or to which you otherwise consent.
For more information about your options relating to your personal information and your communication preferences, see “Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information” below.
Our Marketing Efforts
We may send you direct marketing communications from time to time including news, updates, offers, and other announcements relating to our business and products. We will only send marketing messages where the law allows us to do so and, in the event that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, then you can always unsubscribe using the option provided in the communication you have received (e.g., in the footer of the email) or by contacting us using the information below.
Disclosure of Your Information
When the information we collect is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, it is no longer considered “personal information.” We may use such information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may disclose your information to the following types of third parties:
- Business partners, service providers, and third-party vendors necessary for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. For example, we may disclose your information to our local distributors or representatives, installers, or manufacturing partners.
- Service providers we use to facilitate our business operations and administration. These third parties have access to your personal information in order to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. For example, our service providers include (i) IT and system administration providers, (ii) data storage providers, and (iii) vendors to facilitate payments and payment processing.
- Marketing and advertising vendors that may assist with lead generation, hosting information relating to customers and potential customers, marketing automation, advertisement placement and targeting, and marketing campaigns and communications.
- Analytics vendors in order to understand our Site traffic and usage patterns, optimize our Site, and identify potential new customers.
- Our affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, or related entities for the purposes providing you our products and services, as well as information about products you may be interested in, and fulfilling transactions and orders you place.
- Regulatory and governmental authorities, law enforcement agencies, and courts, as necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Buyers or other successors prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets transferred.
- Other parties for any purpose we disclose at the time you provide the information.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. We try to offer you meaningful choices regarding your personal information. Some choices you have regarding personal information include the following:
- Marketing Emails – As required by applicable laws, you can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by clicking the “opt out,” “unsubscribe,” or similar link in any such promotional emails and following the instructions provided.
- Cookies – Depending on your browser or device, you may have the option to set the browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set, or delete cookies. Each browser and device are different, so we recommend you evaluate the tools and settings available in your browser or device, as well as any available instructions for the same. Please note that if you disable or delete cookies, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Site.
- Google Analytics – As discussed above, we use Google Analytics in connection with the Site. If you would like to refrain from having your data collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an opt-out browser that you can use. You can find more information on how Google uses information it collects here.
- Declining to Provide Information – You can choose not to provide us with information we may request through our Site, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Site, request information about our products, or initiate other transactions with us.
- Do Not Track Mechanisms – Please note that our Site does not honor “Do Not Track” signals, and such signals will not impact the operation of the Site.
- Jurisdiction-specific Choices – See below for additional choices that may be afforded to you under the laws of your place of residence, see our “Rights Afforded to Certain Individuals” section below.
In addition to the above, you may contact us using the details provided at the end of this Policy with any questions about the choices relating to your personal information.
Rights Afforded to Certain Individuals
- California Residents If you are a California resident, please review our “Privacy Notice for California Residents” to learn more about our online and offline practices regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information of California consumers.
- Canadian Residents If you reside in Canada, various Canadian laws, including Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), may provide you certain rights with respect to your personal information, including the right to request information about the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, to request access to your personal information, and to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and have it amended as appropriate.If you are a Canadian resident and would like to make a request regarding your personal information, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Canada Resident Request,” or otherwise contact us using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We will attempt to respond to your request as quickly as possible but may ask you to provide additional information to enable us to locate the personal information or determine how it has been used or disclosed. We will provide you access, as appropriate, at minimal or no cost to you.
- EU/UK Residents
- Rights under GDPR: The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and the United Kingdom’s version of the same (collectively, the “GDPR”) afford certain rights to individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If you are in the EEA, you have the following rights. Note, however, that not all rights apply in all circumstances.
- Right of access: subject to certain exceptions, you have the right of access to your personal information that we hold. If you are requesting access to your data in order to protect the rights of others, we may require you to validate your identity before we can release that information to you
- Right to rectify your personal information: if you discover that the information, we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have this information rectified (i.e., corrected).
- Right to be forgotten: you may ask us to delete information we hold about you in certain circumstances. This right is not absolute, and it may not be possible for us to delete the information we hold about you, for example, if we have an ongoing contractual relationship or are required to retain information to comply with our legal obligations.
- Right to restriction of processing: in some cases, you may have the right to have the processing of your personal information restricted. For example, where you contest the accuracy of your personal information, its use may be restricted until the accuracy is verified.
- Right to object to processing: you may object to the processing of your personal information (including profiling) when it is based upon our legitimate interests. You may also object to the processing of your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing and for the purposes of statistical analysis.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to receive, move, copy, or transfer your personal information to another controller when we are processing your personal information based on consent or on a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of Information||Basis of Processing|
To enter into and subsequently to manage our business relationship with you including:
To administer and protect our business and Site including:
To advance and promote our business interests including contacting you regarding services or promotions that may be of interest, conducting surveys or soliciting feedback on our products, and updating, developing, and improving our services, customer products, and marketing efforts
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to enhance our services, improve our marketing strategies and develop our business)
To process job applications and administer our HR responsibilities
⦁ Transfers from EEA, Switzerland, or UK
If we transfer personal information from the EEA, Switzerland, or UK to the United States or any other country, we will implement appropriate legal mechanisms to ensure an adequate level of personal data protection consistent with the GDPR’s requirements. For example, if the recipient country has not received an Adequacy Decision from the European Commission (such as the United States), we will rely on Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) that have been approved by the European Commission as the lawful mechanisms for such transfers. Further, we will enter into appropriate data processing agreements with all non-EU (sub)processors that contain SCCs and define data protection standards to be employed by each (sub)processor.
Protection of Your Information
We use appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites. Such websites have separate privacy policies that you should review. We cannot take responsibility for the content of linked websites or those companies’ data-handling practices.
Our Site are general audience websites and applications and are not directed at children under the age of 16. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 16 through the Site. Should we discover that a child under age 16 provided us with personal information, we will use that information only to inform the child that we must have parental consent before receiving such information.
Cardinal is headquartered in the United States and, as a result, the information you provide to us may reside on servers or workstations located the United States. You understand and consent that information you provide may be transferred to the United States. You also understand that the data protection laws in the United States may be different from those of the country where you reside. When we transfer personal information to the United States, we will implement appropriate and suitable safeguards to protect such information as may be required by applicable data protection laws.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or other mandatory reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process it, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. We also consider any specific limitation periods under applicable law.
Changes to this Policy
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. If there are changes to our Policy, we will post them here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of this website after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. Accordingly, we encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
How to Contact Us
For questions or more information about our privacy practices, or to raise any challenges or concerns, please contact us using the contact information provided below:
Cardinal Glass Industries, Inc.
Attn: Kaylee Krysiak, HR Specialist
775 Prairie Center Drive, Ste 200
Eden Prairie, MN 55344