IQ - Insulating Glass
- Washer Quality: The first step towards production of IG units is cleaning the glass. Washers featuring an automated water quality tracking system monitor PH levels and electrical conductivity.
- Vision Scope and Hawkeye Cameras: This is where scratches, coating faults and debris on glass surface are detected. The systems accurately characterize defects by size and sort them according to specifications preventing defective glass from proceeding to high value operations.
- Unit Thickness: Our Press Master ensures the precise thickness of each IG unit to within thousandths of an inch.
Cardinal’s Assembly Gas Press improves IG unit construction quality by automating three processes into one.
- Argon Filled Levels: This system measures the argon fill levels of every IG unit and it verifies initial fill rates. Cardinal’s IG units lead the industry with fill rates of 93% to 95%.
- Coating Color: A Minolta spectrophotometer checks color intensity and hue. To avoid rejection of the unit, each different coating must meet specific color values.
- Center of Glass Thickness: Where possible we do a 100% sort inspection of all important attributes, including unit or center of glass thickness. If the unit fails, it is not sealed.